31 Dec 2019
New Year New You?
2018 is reaching it’s end and soon we will welcome 2019. For nearly half of all adults this will either be a chance for a fresh start or time to reset with their new year resolutions. As with last years post 2018 this post will give some useful information but this time for a specific goal that is popular for many:
Dry January- cutting down the alcohol:
- It can help regulate drinking throughout the year – as people tend to drink less 8 months later
- Benefit your health in general
- Saves you money!
- Better sleep
- Weight loss
Why is it a challenge!
Why are new year resolutions so hard to keep? Good question! Well researchers have managed to identify the common causes of failure:
- Setting a goal that are too vague
- Having unrealistic expectations (amount achieved within a timescale)
- Turning your wishes into immediate action that you stick to.
One key thing to remember – the real challenge isn’t changing your attitude, the real challenge lies in changing your behavior and patterns.
See you next year, see you soon… ENJOY!